[Dancer-users] Insert SMS messages in a db

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 10:59:37 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:48:08 +0530
"Mr. Puneet Kishor" <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Dancer app backed by a Postgres database. I want registered
> users to be able to SMS a photo and some accompanying explanatory
> text and have it be inserted into the database so it can be viewed on
> the web site. This would be much like how one can send Tweet and have
> it appear on Twitter.

As Flavio already responded, you're talking about an MMS message, not
SMS, if you want the user to send a photo.

Personally, I'd happily recommend AQL, www.aql.com - they provide
various telephony and text messaging services, but the one which would
be of use to you is their inbound SMS/MMS service - the user sends
their message to the number provided by AQL (either with a prefix (e.g.
the common "text 'foo' followed by your message to ...") or to a custom
number if you need that, and they can then do various things - one of
which is to make a HTTP POST to an URL you configure with the message
details.  That URL could be a route within your app, which then grabs
the message and photo, and "does the needful".

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>