[Dancer-users] v2 outlook?

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 14:53:56 CEST 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:34:54 +0200
Niels Larsen <niels at genomics.dk> wrote:

> Dancers,
>
> Should an unimplemented project that plans launch in 6 months
> use Dancer 1 or 2? anyone dare to guess when v2 might be ready
> to take over? sorry if i overlooked it.

We're making good progress getting Dancer2 production-ready; it already
supports the vast majority of Dancer1's DSL, so most existing apps
would need only trivial changes.

The biggest work yet to do is converting plugins to support Dancer2 -
for most plugins, there's not much work involved, and the core team
will be reaching out to 3rd party plugin authors offering patches to
add Dancer2 support (in a lot of cases, it's simply a case of testing
that the plugin works and then tweak it to indicate it supports
Dancer2; only plugins which delve into Dancer's internals are likely to
require more in-depth changes).

I would say, start playing with Dancer2, and speak to us in #dancer on
irc.perl.org (or see http://dancer.pm/irc ) to discuss any issues you
see.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>