[Dancer-users] Dancer implementation of Boggle word game

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:31:01 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Nathan Marley <nathan.marley at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello fellow Dancer devs!

Hey!

> For anyone familiar with the word game Boggle (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Boggle&oldid=496588593), I have
> implemented a very basic version in Dancer, which can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/nmarley/BoggleGame-Dancer
>

> It uses the Dancer::Plugin::Ajax and jQuery for the word list. It isn't
> multiplayer (yet), and doesn't validate any words.

That's really cool!
Is there a version hosted online?

Other TO-DOs include to add a timer, to add grid validation (see if the
> word actually exists in the grid), and to lookup which user-supplied words
> are actual words in the English language (or any other language — different
> language dictionaries could be another feature).

I would set up a hackathon to work on it with other people.

Code is here (https://github.com/nmarley) feel free to fork it on github
> and comment/update.

Will definitely look into it!

Thank you so much for sharing! :)