[Dancer-users] What's my route handler?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Feb 15 19:06:37 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:40:36AM -0600, Franklin Bristow wrote:

> While I haven't actually used it personally (my app doesn't require roles),
> I think that Dancer::Plugin::Auth::RBAC (
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer-Plugin-Auth-RBAC/) does what you're
> hoping to achieve.

It appears that that needs to be told explicitly when you try to
authenticate what it is that the user is trying to do, and so either the
call to the authentication code needs to be done inside the route
handler (cos that's what knows what the user is trying to do, but this
is unnecessary duplication of code), or if I use a 'before' hook, the
hook needs to be able to figure that out from the URL (which is also
unnecessary duplication of code).

Hence why I thought of using subroutine attributes on the route handlers.

Once I've got a list of those subroutine attributes, I could well end up
using that plugin to do the actual authentication.

You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"