[dancer-users] Dancer::Session and cookie path of session cookie

Jens Rehsack rehsack at cpan.org
Thu Dec 27 16:14:09 GMT 2012

Hi David, hi Dancer users,

as talked in mid of December on irc.perl.org/#dancer I had some
trouble with Dancer::Session::Cookie and the cookie path.

I used 'session_cookie_path' set to a restricted area of a dancer
app (requirement - don't ask), but on some circumstances the path
was used or not.

Later I figured out that Dancer::Session forces cookie rewrite
using Dancer::Session::Abstract->write_session_id and when a
session key/value was updated, Dancer::Session::Cookie->flush
uses it's own cookie update mechanism.

First I added the ability of restricting session cookie path
to Dancer::Session::Abstract (and fix some function calls into
methods). Then I forgot to install the fix and search for some
hours the test failure in upated Dancer::Session::Cookie.

This mail includes the patches for Dancer itself - follow up
mail includes the patch for Dancer-Session-Cookie dist.

Would be great if you could review and/or apply or find someone
who could.

Thanks in advance,
Jens

PS: Happy New Year, everyone!