[dancer-users] Problem with D::P::A::E::Provider::Base.pm

David Golden xdg at xdg.me
Thu Dec 13 17:08:38 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Henk van Oers <hvo.pm at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> In particular, using Authen::Passphrase::BlowfishCrypt would be a
>> sensible default scheme as long as the work factor is decently high
>> (12+).
>
> Or maybe Crypt::Eksblowfish like Dancer::Plugin::Passphrase ?

Authen::Passphrase uses Crypt::Eksblowfish and they are both by
written by zefram.

The advantage of Authen::Passphrass is that it handles multiple
schemes in one API (and manages entropy generation).

I wasn't debating bcrypt vs sha in general (you can google for that
:-), merely saying that Authen::Passphrase would be a way to give
people a lot of choice without needing a lot of work if David wanted
to open it up to something other than Crypt::SaltedHash.

David

--
David Golden <xdg at xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg