[Dancer-users] Plugin::Database failed on reconnect

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 23:45:33 CEST 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:38:22 +0300
WK <wanradt at gmail.com> wrote:

> As i had problem with reproducing situtation i thought how to test it.
> Seems you find solution here too?

What I did was scaffold a test app which loads D::P::EscapeHTML, and
enables automatic_escaping, and includes some HTML in the config - for
example, a config.yml like:

plugins:
  EscapeHTML:
    automatic_escaping: 1
some_html: "Here's some <HTML> & stuff"

Then, in the app, I created a route which displayed the current
settings:

get '/settings' => sub {
    "<pre>" . to_json( Dancer::Config->settings ) . "</pre>";
};

I hit that route first, and observed that the "some_html" config
setting was not escaped.

I then hit the app's default home page (which uses a template), then
viewed /settings again.  Before the fix, when I hit /settings after
having had a template rendered, the "some_html" config setting had been
escaped; after the fix, it was left alone.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter