[Dancer-users] Memcached beginners problem

Niels Larsen niels at genomics.dk
Mon Sep 26 16:59:26 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I, a Dancer newcomer, have trouble getting Dancer::Session::Memcached
work. All works with session Simple, but with memcached I get the error
below. The memcached server was started with ./memcached (responds on
port
11211) and the Cache::Memcached module is installed. The application was
started with just ./application.pl --environment development, and the
development.yml file has in it

session: "memcached"
memcached_servers: "127.0.0.1:11211"

I did not 'use Dancer::Session::Memcached' because documentation does
not say so, and I'm sure its a dumb mistake by me. But the crash is not
so informative, and the format of the listing could be also be improved:
module names (not file names) and line numbers should be at the left so
they line up, and the traceback should include application code. It only
shows Dancer code.

And a wish: the Messagepack library is the fastest serialization method,
I think, and I hope Dancer will support it some day. I use it already,
and Kyoto Tycoon for permanent storage, works well. Unlike Membase/cache
one can save pretty big strings, which reduces the number of times one
must touch the storage, which again speeds the whole thing.

Niels Larsen

http://genomics.dk

Error 500
runtime error

Warning caught during route execution: Use of uninitialized value $key
in
concatenation (.) or string at
/home/donate/DONATE/Software/Package_installs/Perl_modules/lib/perl5/Cache/Memcached.pm line 521.

518     $exptime = int($exptime || 0);
519
520     local $SIG{'PIPE'} = "IGNORE" unless $FLAG_NOSIGNAL;
521     my $line = "$cmdname $self->{namespace}$key $flags $exptime $len
\r\n$val\r\n";
522
523     my $res = _write_and_read($self, $sock, $line);
524