[Dancer-users] dancer2's prototype is there, feedback needed

Michal Wojciechowski odyniec at odyniec.eu.org
Mon Oct 3 22:38:34 CEST 2011

On 10/03/2011 09:43 PM, David Precious wrote:

> I'm not sure I really like the change from Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit
> to Dancer::Template::Toolkit; the logical layout is a module under the
> Dancer::Template namespace named after the templating engine it uses, i.e.
> "Dancer::Template::EngineName" - e.g. Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit,
> Dancer::Template::HTMLTemplate, etc.  Using just "toolkit" seems a bit wrong
> to me - what do you think?

I second that. The full name of the template engine is "Template
Toolkit", so using just "toolkit" seems somewhat inconsistent.

> It also seems a bit pointless lowercasing the engine name - we could just make
> it so the engine name you provide is whatever you see after Dancer::Template::
> with no translation at all - so TemplateToolkit is
> Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit, HTMLTemplate is
> Dancer::Template::HTMLTemplate, etc etc.

Yeah, I think this might also be good for consistency. The plugins
configuration section uses the actual (non-lowercase) plugin names, so
the same rule could be applied to template engines.

--
Michal Wojciechowski
http://odyniec.net/ | http://search.cpan.org/~odyniec/