[Dancer-users] config.yml YAML tabs vs spaces

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:28:31 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Alex Mestiashvili <
alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Such obvious fact that .yml means man YAML wasn't clear for me .

I'm sorry. While I think it's perfectly alright to add comments for stuff
like "you can uncomment the next line to add support for Template Toolkit"
(which we did), I do not intend to add a line to a .yml file saying "This
is a YAML file". It's just... silly. It would be like adding a line to .ini
file saying "this is an INI file" or to a .jsn file saying "This is a JSON
file".

The syntax is clear, YAML is well known and understood (especially in the
Perl community) and while I'm sorry you didn't realize in first glance that
it was a YAML file, I believe it's still very clear and I don't intend on
adding this line on this basis alone. However, if you get enough core
developers to agree to it, I'll add it.

I hope that other than that, you're getting a good experience out of Dancer.

All the best,
S.