[Dancer-users] Dancer 2 supports sessions

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Wed Nov 2 12:45:22 CET 2011

Hello fellow Dancers!

I'm glad to announce that the prototype for Dancer 2 now supports
sessions (the YAML session engine is provided and works as expected).

So I'd be very happy if you coudl send me upgrade reports of your
existign apps (you should be able to run any Dancer 1 app with Dancer
2 now, as long as it doesnt use a plugin that gets into Dancer's core.

As usal, to get the code of Dancer 2, go on GitHub:
https://github.com/sukria/dancer2

Also, to run the test, you should use the template engine
"TemplateToolkit" and the session engine "YAML".

You might also need to tweak a bit your config files like the following:

in Dancer 1:

engines:
  template_toolkit:

in Dancer 2:

engines:
  template:
    template_toolkit:

Also note that the default start/end tags of TemplateToolkit are back
to TT's default in Dancer 2 ([% and %]).

Thanks a lot!