[Dancer-users] Packaging Dancer to CPAN

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:12:49 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to repack a Dancer-based site as a CPAN module. I remember
> seeing a bit of documentation about this somewhere but I can't find it
> at the moment.
>
> Any pointers to documentation or an example on how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I am also interested what other have to say about this but till some
better answer comes along let me give you my 2c.

As I understand many people who build CPAN-ish modules from web
applications don't "INSTALL" it usin a cpan client.
They install all the dependencies and then just unzip the tar.gz file
of the actual application and configure the
web server to use those file.

I have been doing this too but with CPAN::Digger I decided I'll try to
make it installable.
The strategy I am trying to take is that during installation
Makefile.PL copies the view/  the schema/
and the environments/  to   the /share directory and then, using the
"install_share" command of "Module::Install
I make sure they are installed.

Then I can use File::ShareDir in my code to access thos installed files.

Gabor