[Dancer-users] Custom Session Handler issues

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Thu May 19 23:02:19 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <igor.bujna at post.cz>
Date: 2011/5/19
Subject: Re: [Dancer-users] Custom Session Handler issues
To: "J. Bobby Lopez" <jbl at jbldata.com>

Hello,
I putted method like in CGI::Session to dancer. I send you my patch, to see
simple how can be added session_expires in Dancer. My inspiration is in
CGI::Session. I think it's better using this patch not used CGI::Session.
This is my issue ttps://github.com/sukria/Dancer/issues/448

Bye Igor

> Od: J. Bobby Lopez <jbl at jbldata.com>
> Předmět: [Dancer-users] Custom Session Handler issues
> Datum: 18.5.2011 17:47:03
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to track down the root of a problem I'm having with
Dancer,
> and a custom session handler that I am using.
>
> I've been told (several IRC discussions, and scouring the Dancer docs)
that
> unless I specifically enable sessions within dancer (either simple or
YAML),
> that no session handling code gets initialized by default in Dancer.
>
> However I'm finding that something is preventing my CGI::Session files
from
> being written to disk, as they are in my other non-dancer applications
using
> code similar to the following:
>
> http://pastebin.jbldata.com/m2571aaf0
>
> This isn't the precise code I'm trying to use in my application, but has
> been simplified in order to provide the same results without a lot of
noise.

> The code defines that the CGI::Session driver writes session files to
> '/tmp', however no session files are written there.  Running this app, you
> can clearly see that the custom session handler is working when you run
the
> application from the command line (e.g, 'perl dancer-sessiontest.pl'), and
> visit the application in a browser using the '/' or '/dump_session'
routes.

> If these files are not written to the directory I've specified, then
likely
> they are being stored in memory, but how and why is it doing that if
Dancer