[Dancer-users] Browser String not available when run with plackup

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:11:49 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 06:27:37 Gurunandan Bhat wrote:
> I want to find the Browser string something that is available with
> $ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  when I run a Da*ncer app with teh default backend.
> However when I run the app with plackup (plackup -s Starman app.pl)
> $ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT} is undefined.

You're better off using request->user_agent rather than poking around in %ENV.

> Is there a way I can get to this value that does not depend on how I run
> the Dancer application?

Please try the above first.  If you find that request->user_agent isn't
getting you the user agent when run via plackup, something odd is happening;
supplying a dump of request->env may be helpful.

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)