[Dancer-users] deployment woes (general note)

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:31:55 CEST 2011

Hey :)

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Mr. Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...] That leads me to believe that I am understanding Dancer's deployment
> mechanism inadequately.

I suspect so as well.

It would appear people are making a gratuitous usage of Dancer in many
instances which brings about really weird situations. Often times it's a
bug, or a mis-feature (so to speak) but I'm beginning to see more and more
incorrect (or, I should probably say, overtly-complex) usages of Dancer. I
think this is also why you're seeing relatively little participation from
the core team in the mailing list in general. We actually look sometimes at
questions with a puzzled face, "how did they reach that?", unable to answer.

My goal in the mailing list now is to clean up everything.
Generally everything should be either a mis-usage, or a bug, or a question
that has a simple answer ("how do I...?").
Hopefully I'll be able to answer as many emails as possible and direct
people to the right direction.

Regarding your predicament, it is well ongoing and we should certainly
figure this out. It does trouble me quite a bit that someone is heavily
building (and counting) on Dancer but has a hard time deploying their
situation. I'll try and read your explanations (thank you for including
them!) later today and provide you with an answer.

However, you could help us quite a bit by going over the deployment document
and telling us what's not right about it for you. Either your situation
doesn't exist or the instructions are incorrect. It would really benefit
everyone to incorporate your situation and needs so the next person would
not have to face the obstacles you've faced.

And thanks for understanding, and being supporting, and respectful. :)

S.