[Dancer-users] Flash Message

Al Newkirk & Associates we at ana.im
Sun Jan 30 13:30:46 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM, damien krotkine <dkrotkine at gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree with Brian, for a slightly different reason :
>
> Let's imagine this:
>
> you have a Template1, that does this : <% flash.keys() %>, to be able
> to know that they are errors. If that's the case, it doesn't display
> the errors, but display a link, saying that they are erros. This link
> does a new request against the server, serving Template2
>
> Template2 does use flash.error, and effectively consumes the message

I've been using the FlashMessage plugin in a few apps now, and it works for
me. The Flash message concept is implemented in every other language and
framework in exactly the same manner, the problem seems to be
implementation. If the plugin is dramatically altered, my apps will no
longer function as designed :( which sucks.

Damien,
for your template problem, try ... <% flash( 'error', flash( 'error' ) ) %>
because your requirements are not normal use-case scenario. FlashMessage
should support array though.

Al