[Dancer-users] Problem with non ascii characters in yaml files

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 00:01:09 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> sawyer x wrote:
> ..
>

>> This should be added as a minimal dependency.
>> Someone suggested to use Any::YAML, perhaps we should consider changing
>> YAML for it, so people could use YAML::Tiny, to get even lighter apps.
>>

> Maybe we need "Ballerina," a really, really light-weight Dancer fork
> (nano-framework) with all the *::Tiny modules. I am currently very happy
> with Template::Tiny.
>
> That said, I think Dancer is probably a very small part of the rest of the
> application's "weight."

I don't have a problem with the existing nano-frameworks on CPAN, but I
personally do not understand them entirely.

Dancer is very light-weight, and is truly slim. Many things are
interchangable in it and many can be removed entirely.
Any lighter than this, you'd just write your own PSGI handler, and.. what's
the point of that? I stopped writing CGIs *because of it*.