[Dancer-users] Problem with non ascii characters in yaml files

Eric GUIRBAL eric.guirbal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:27:31 CET 2011

Hello,

I am discovering Dancer. I take this opportunity to thanks the
developpers for their works. Coding with dancer is very funny.

My first project is a little site. To generate page of the site, I need
some strings stored in a site.yml file. The pages are displayed
correctly except the non-ascii characters from the strings in the
site.yml file.

All the files of my project are in utf8. In the config.yml, I have

charset: "UTF-8"
engines:
   template_toolkit:
     encoding: 'utf8'

The site.yml is correctly parse. A dump in my terminal proves it.

A workaround is to use ISO-8819-1 encoding for my site.yml file.

Thanks for any idea.

--
Eric