[Dancer-users] factory recommendation for web server

Deepak Gulati deepak.gulati at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:57:46 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Adam Taylor <adamjctaylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> But, yes, it probably does make it more complicated if you don't require it.
> That said, I'm not sure how well/if nginx can handle Perl on it's own.

FWIW, nginx comes with an embedded Perl module a la mod_perl. It's
discourage for regular workloads because it blocks the worker running
the code and a long-running operation like a slow DB query would
reduce the throughput of Nginx. That said I have seen people use it
for things like minifying js/css on the fly.

There is also this interesting slideshow (in Russian, but you'll get t
the gist of it):
http://www.slideshare.net/mayperl/perl-nginx