[Dancer-users] Layouts

minimalist minimalist at lavabit.com
Sat Feb 26 03:52:34 CET 2011

Hi guys,

The template layout is bound to the current application. This makes it
useful only if you change applications. In the following example switching
layouts will work:

# ==== File A.pm ====
package A;
use Dancer ':syntax';

layout 'main';
get '/' => sub { template 'index' };

load_app 'A::B';

true;

# ==== File A/B.pm ====
package A::B;
use Dancer ':syntax';

layout 'users';
get '/users' => sub { template 'users_index' };

true;

The following is an example where switching layouts will NOT work:

# ==== File C.pm ====
package C;
use Dancer ':syntax';

layout 'main';
get '/' => sub { template 'index' };

layout 'users';
get '/users' => sub { template 'users_index' };

true;

In the above situation the layout won't get changed.
I think the layout setting should be bound to each route. When a new route
registers it should know what layout was selected last. I think it will make
more sense this way.

Regards,
Nick aka minimalist