[Dancer-users] Minimum code required to get Dancer up and running?

Brian E. Lozier brian at massassi.com
Fri Feb 25 17:03:35 CET 2011

I'm going to do a test implementation of a dancer web app into an
existing project.  I would like to know the minimum files I need to
create in order to get it running.  My intention is not to use the
scaffolding script to create files as 1) it creates a bunch of files I
don't need [but I don't know which ones are strictly required], 2) it
creates a directory structure designed to house all my code, but I
already have a directory structure [that might not match Dancer's
exactly], and 3) I find scaffolding scripts hide a bunch of
information that it's really better for me to understand instead of
gloss over.  I would essentially like to start from scratch.  If there
is not already documentation on this and I get some feedback here,
I'll be happy to write a document and submit it back to the list.

I have a couple other questions as well.

1. Is it possible for me to specify the "templates" directory as
something other than "views" (we use "template" function in the code,
it makes more sense to load it from a "templates" directory instead of
a "views" directory)?
2. Is there an in-code restriction that requires me to have the
directory name of my project (like "myproject") match the name of the
dancer app module (myproject.pm)?  I ask because it's not perlish to
have a lower-cased module (like myproject.pm) but I don't want to name
my directory MyProject because it's annoying to type.  Generally lower
case module names are reserved for pragmas (like warnings, strict,
feature, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help,
Brian