[Dancer-users] Conditional HTTP proposal

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Fri Feb 11 15:59:55 CET 2011

Le 11/02/2011 15:33, Oleg A. Mamontov a écrit :
>> I hope you understand my point of view ;)
>
> I understand you clearly.
> But few lines of code (with no extra dependencies) which make
> developers' lives easier couldn't break lightweight of framework.
> It's my opinion only, sorry.
> For future i will have to patch new versions of Dancer myself :)

I understand your motivations, but more code means more risks of bugs,
and as Dancer is growing very fast, our job (as core-team members) is to
make sure any code addition is made with a good reason.

To be frank, we're more in the mood of removing code rather than adding
some ;)

I think implementing that as a plugin is a good compromise: you'll get
your feature without Plack and you'll be able to upgrade Dancer smoothly.

We just need to implement the right hook for your plugin to be possible.

--
Alexis Sukrieh