[Dancer-users] Conditional HTTP proposal

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Fri Feb 11 15:10:39 CET 2011

Le 11/02/2011 15:07, franck a écrit :

>      >> I create small patch to enhance static files serving functionality.
>      >> During development process its important to refresh pages quickly.
>      >> Conditional HTTP requests is the good choise.
>      >> Seems like working, but needs more testing :)
>      >
>      > I'm not sure we should do that in Dancer's core. This can be very
>     easily achieved with a Plack Middleware.
>      >

> This is clearly a Plack solution. If you really need, you can maybe
> create a plugin for this, as soon as we add a new hook.

I would indeed not be opposed to a plugin, but I fear we open a pandora
box: reimplementing any Plack middleware as Dancer plugin (which is
clearly something we don't want to do).

Anyways, I don't think this should go in the core of Dancer. Dancer
should remain as lightweight as possible, it's code should be very
specific to what it does: dispatching request to the appropriate route
handler.

I hope you understand my point of view ;)

Regards,

--
Alexis Sukrieh