[Dancer-users] mime types

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Thu Feb 10 19:06:36 CET 2011

Hi,

Le 10/02/2011 17:04, ambs a écrit :
> [...]
[...]
>>> Did you try both solutions? Personally I prefer the first one and I'm
>>> happy to prepare the patch on git.
>>
>> Yes and preffer the first one too :)
>> But drawback of this solution is loss of lazy initialization.
>> On my iMac this is + ~30ms to Dancer startup.
>
> Well, Dancer doesn't start that often.
>
> But, sukria, what do you say? You're the boss :D

I also like that strategy. Dancer startup is not that bad and I think we
can accept an extra ms in order to fix an issue. That's understandable

Concerning MIME::Types though, I have another -unrelated- issue:
MIME::Types brings 3 Test:: modules. We should really bug the author to
make these deps dynamic, see what happens on a fresh install of Dancer,
on a brand new perlbrew 5.12.2 :

2
3
4
5
6
7
8

Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SU/SUKRIA/Dancer-1.3003.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/M/MI/MIYAGAWA/HTTP-Server-Simple-PSGI-0.14.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/J/JE/JESSE/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.43.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GE/GETTY/HTTP-Body-1.11.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/Test-Deep-0.108.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/F/FD/FDALY/Test-Tester-0.107.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/A/AD/ADAMK/Test-NoWarnings-1.02.tar.gz
... OK
Fetching
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/M/MA/MARKOV/MIME-Types-1.31.tar.gz ...
OK

So we have exactly 7 non-core deps under 5.12.2, with a MIME::Types
updated this would be 4 (Test::Tester, Test::NoWarnings and Test::Deep
are required by MIME;::Types, not Dancer itself).

Of course if we decide to rewrite MIME::Types the problem disappears,
but it might be a bit overkill (and source of new Dancer-unrelated bugs)...

Regards,

PS: I'm the one who started the project, that's true, but Dancer now
lives on his own, thanks to its awesome community and dedicated
core-team members, so "boss" doesn't mean anything ;-)

My ego likes the term "architect", though, I must say :D

--
Alexis Sukrieh