[Dancer-users] running an Apache cgi via Dancer

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:56:26 CET 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:34 AM, sawyer x wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Suggestions?
>>

> Why?
>
> You can wrap CGI apps as Plack apps and serve them using plack under a
> different URL.

My apologies as I have not been able to communicate my use case clearly. I need to use Apache+MapServer -- that is, access MapServer via Apache as a cgi program, not Perl's CGI.pm. The reason I need to use Apache+MapServer is because MapServer's cgi interface has been designed with Apache in mind, and there are additional related programs that work with Apache. For example, mod_mapcache is an Apache module that caches map tiles generated by MapServer.

So, the basic requirement is that I need to send a request of the sort http://server/cgi-bin/app where cgi-bin is Apache's ScriptAlias directory.

Now, since the mapping functionality is a part of the Dancer app, I need to keep track of two URIs... one that is Dancer-based (for example, http://server/app where everything that is /app is proxied to Starman+Dancer) and the other that is for Apache only such as http://server/cgi-bin/app

This means I have to maintain app-specific bits-and-bobs in two places: one, inside the Dancer/app folder, and; two, inside the cgi-bin folder. And, that is what I am trying to get around.

--
Puneet Kishor