[Dancer-users] Routing: captures in prefix

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Fri Aug 19 16:29:33 CEST 2011

Hello!

> One possible way would be to use a before hook to take the language out of the
> URL, maybe something like the following (untested):
>
> hook before => sub {
>     my $path = request->path_info;
>     my ($lang) = $path =~ s{/(.+)/}{/};
>     vars->{lang} = $lang;
>     request->path_info($path);
> }

It works with some changes. In particular, since in chances path_info,
this hook gets called multiple times and does not work as expected.

Anyway, even though I succeeded in changing the code to only execute the
first time the hook is called, I think I'll stick to repeating myself in
every action for now. I don't know Dancer enough to be able to handle
possible side effects of which I'm now unaware. ;)

Thanks!!

Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame