[Dancer-users] http put to upload large file

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Aug 5 13:35:25 CEST 2011

On 05/08/11 12:12, halayudha wrote:
> But PUT definitely not working even for one client.
> because DANCER require to put the whole complete BODY of HTTP request in
> a VARIABLE.[see Dancer Upload part]
>
> So i am thinking whether it is possible to do "multipart" using PUT.

Ah, I hadn't realised the implications of using PUT rather than POST.
You still might be better off handling the uploads with a separate
script/module. That way you can have persistent backends handling normal
requests and one or more separate long-running upload backends,
presumably returning a redirect or some such on completion.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd