[Dancer-users] Bug in `forward`?

ambs ambs+dancer at perl-hackers.net
Fri Apr 15 17:56:02 CEST 2011

Hi

On 15/04/2011 16:22, Nick Knutov wrote:
> $ dancer -v
> Dancer 1.3030
>
> dancer -a test2
>
> $ cat ./lib/test2.pm
> ============
> package test2;
> use Dancer ':syntax';
>
> use Data::Dumper;
>
> any '/ticket/:tid/set' => sub {
> my $tid = params->{tid};
> return Dumper(params->{assign});
> };
>
> get '/ticket/:tid/assign' => sub {
> my $tid = params->{tid};
> return forward "/ticket/$tid/set?assign=1";
> };
>
> true;

Dancer does not support in its current form that you forward with GET
parameters (as far as I can tell). It can't find the route.

You are getting the error on the marshalling code because of other bug
that I fixed, and I'm preparing in a Pull Request.

After updating to that code you will get a 404 page. Not very useful as
well.

I'll create an issue regarding passing parameters in a forward, so
someone (probably me) can fix it in the future.

For now, I would suggest you to use path variables to get your desired
behavior.

Cheers
ambs