[Dancer-users] Allow alternate path in Dancer::Logger::File?

Flavio Poletti polettix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:42:15 CEST 2010

As a quick workaround, if your read-only filesystem (and your OS too!)
supports linking you could make 'logs' point to the directory you really
want to use for logs. 99% of chances that you had a good reason not to do
that, but sometimes it's difficult to see the wood if one is concentrating
on the trees.

Personally, I would rewrite your sub as follows:

sub logdir {
    my $altpath = setting('log_path');
    return $altpath if $altpath;

    my $appdir = setting('appdir');
    my $logroot = $appdir || File::Spec->tmpdir();
    return path($logroot, 'logs');
}

I see no reason to possibly create a temporary directory if you don't really
need to.

Cheers,

   Flavio.