[Dancer-users] deployment help

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:13:45 CEST 2010

I have been using my multiple Dancer apps with Apache2 CGI, but want
to move to a persistent web environment. I had some issues with
Apache2/mod_perl where sessions from different Dancer apps were
colliding, but that may be solved with the help of a recent post by
Alexis (prefix my sessions with app names).

So, I have started testing my apps under Apache2/mod_perl, but find
that to be be fairly slow in response and quite high in memory
consumption. Am looking for advise on speeding up Apache. Should I be
using mod_psgi? Is that mature and stable enough to use?

 Perhaps I am looking for advise here for alternatives as well (the
problem is, at least one of my applications uses CGI, so I have to
have CGI support).

I have been considering nginx, as I have heard good things about it.
The Dancer::Deployment pod mentions using nginx, but only as a proxy
server to a `perl dancer` process. I don't really want to do that as
multiple apps means multiple perl processes running all the time on my
web server. Are there any tutes or docs on using nginx with embedded
perl or some other persistent perl process to power Dancer?

Does anyone have any other suggestion?

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org