[Dancer-users] Problem with using the prefix feature to split the application

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 20:16:07 CEST 2010

I was using the following idiom, and everything was working fine

    ----
    package app;
    use Dancer ':syntax';
    use Dancer::Plugin::Ajax;

    load_app "app::app1", prefix => "/app1";
    load_app "app::app2", prefix => "/app2";

    ..

    true;
    ----

    package app::app1;
    use Dancer ':syntax';

    ..

    true;
    ----

    package app::app2;
    use Dancer ':syntax';

    ..

    true;
    ----

The above was a holdover from earlier versions of Dancer, but, as I
noted above, it was working fine. Today I noticed that the
Dancer::Cookbook has a different suggestion, so I implemented that and
ran into a problem. My new implementation is

    ----
    package app;
    use Dancer ':syntax';
    use Dancer::Plugin::Ajax;

    use app::app1;
    use app::app2;

    prefix undef;

    ..

    true;
    ----

    package app::app1;
    use Dancer ':syntax';
    prefix 'app1';
    ..

    true;
    ----

    package app::app2;
    use Dancer ':syntax';
    prefix 'app2';
    ..

    true;
    ----

I get the following error

 Error while loading /Users/punkish/Sites/app/app.pl: unable to load
application app : not a valid prefix: `app', must start with a / at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/Dancer/App.pm line 32., referer:
http://app.local/app1/

What gives?

--
Puneet Kishor