[Dancer-users] a few unresolved issues

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Sat Oct 2 12:11:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I have the following unresolved issues that seems to have gotten Warnocked [1].
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock's_Dilemma

We're actually focused on preparing the 1.2 release, so we only do one
thing: we fix bugs. This is the very best time for you to report those
issues on GitHub. GitHub issue tracker is our main tool to keep track of
unresolved issues.

So please, report them here if they're not already:
http://github.com/sukria/Dancer/issues

> subject: status code needs to be an integer greater than or equal to 100
> link: http://www.backup-manager.org/pipermail/dancer-users/2010-October/000369.html
> sent: Fri Oct 1 04:01:28 CEST 2010

This one deserves an issue report.

Ideally, a test script that reproduces the error is the very best way to
help us fix it (there are tons of test scripts in Dancer's t directory
if you want to see how to write them).

> subject: Use of uninitialized value $val
> link: http://www.backup-manager.org/pipermail/dancer-users/2010-October/000368.html
> sent: Fri Oct 1 00:02:02 CEST 2010

Same thing.

> subject: croaks on utf-8
> sent: Wed Sep 22 13:28:39 CEST 2010
> link: http://www.backup-manager.org/pipermail/dancer-users/2010-September/000353.html

This issue should be already fixed in our master branch, so please, pull
the master branch and tell us if that fixes the issue (all you have to
do is to set charset to "utf8" and all the outgoing content will be
encoded appropriately).

> subject: Session collision of multiple web sites with Plack::Handler::Apache2
> link: http://www.backup-manager.org/pipermail/dancer-users/2010-September/000338.html
> sent: Mon Sep 13 04:29:52 CEST 2010

An easy workaround for that is to rename your Dancer session name in
your config: session_name: "Myapp1.session" That way, all your apps have
a different session name and collisions disappear.

> The first and the last one are particularly important. The first has
> stopped me in my tracks completely, and the last is resulting in very
> slow web sites.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

We want all of these issues to be fixed be fore 1.2 is released, so
please, report them on the issue tracker and if you can, try to provide
us with test scripts for reproducing the issues.

Thanks a lot!

--
Alexis Sukrieh