[Dancer-users] how to improve the code of PEG?

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:52:31 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you might have heard about the Perl Ecosystem Group
> http://perl-ecosystem.org/
> and that we are using Dancer to build that site.
>
> It is a very simple site with mostly static pages but as
> neither of the developers have previous experience with Dancer
> I am sure thing could be improved .
>
> I'd very much appreciate to get comments on how could we
> improve the site and the code behind it.
>
> The source can be found https://github.com/szabgab/peg

Looks fine to me, but I have to ask... why bother with Dancer? As you
said, it is a static site, so why not make it completely static? Don't
even use Perl if you don't have to... My own application web site uses
a static front-end, with a reverse proxy to a Dancer powered web site
for one application inside of it. So, use the tool where needed. The
old saw, "make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org