[Dancer-users] Dancer::Template::Alloy — in core, or my own module?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon May 24 07:45:33 CEST 2010

G'day.

We have been trialing Dancer, and find it pretty darn good.  The one thing we
have done which is not in the current core is to use Template::Alloy in
preference to the more common Template-Toolkit engine.

I am not super-interested in advocating other people do the same; for us, it
fixed some nasty bugs that caused problems without significant drawbacks, but
for other people it might not have the same balance.

Anyway, as part of that I wrote[1] Dancer::Template::Alloy, which is pretty
much the Dancer::Template::TemplateToolkit module with the names changed.

Is this something y'all would want to pull back into the Dancer core
distribution, or should I throw it to CPAN under my own name?

I see most of the other engines have gone as their own distributions, so
I suspect this one should too, but wanted to ask the developers first.

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Mostly search-and-replaced, to be honest.