[Dancer-users] (proposal) Re: Routes with captures

Alexis Sukrieh sukria at sukria.net
Wed Jun 2 15:02:47 CEST 2010

Le 02/06/2010 09:58, Marc Chantreux a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 12:28:50AM +0300, sawyer x wrote:
>> Good job Marc! :)
>
> I did it in less than an evening thanks to your (all Dancer programmers)
> awesome job writing a neat framework with a clean internal.
>
> thanks to you all!
>
> BTW: i finally vote for route_paren

After a discussion on IRC, we came up with the idea to use "captures"
for the following reasons:

- it's meaningfull

- we already have "splat" for unnamed tokens, so there's no reason we
should prefix "captures" with "route" or "url"

- Sinatra use "splat" and "captures", we want to be close to Sinatra's
syntax (see http://www.sinatrarb.com/intro )

- bigpresh, as a native english speaker, thought at "captures" in the
first place

I'll review the patch Marc has written as soon as it's submitted in a
branch of his repo.

Thanks Marc for your work!

--
Alexis Sukrieh