[Dancer-users] Problem with PLACK

igor.bujna at post.cz igor.bujna at post.cz
Wed Jul 7 01:47:15 CEST 2010

Hello,
I have problem, when starting my dancer aplication with plackup and in template use UTF8 characters such as  "Čeština je pěkný jazyk".
When I start aplication via Dancer start skript and after render the page, everything is ok. But when i start this via plackup and after render page i get message "body must be bytes and should not contain wide characters (UTF-8 strings)". This message is in file Plack/Middleware/Lint.pm in 'sub validate_res()' where test is:

    if (ref $res->[2] eq 'ARRAY' && grep utf8::is_utf8($_), @{$res->[2]}) {
        $croak->('body must be bytes and should not contain wide characters (UTF-8 strings).');
    }

When i comment this test the aplication, then run OK. I try this on http://github.com/sukria/ThisShit, when i put in main layout my UTF8 text "Čeština je pěkný jazyk".
I think this problem is with plack, which can't use UTF8 text for rendering :(