[Dancer-users] CGI/FCGI deployment & uri_for

Robert Olson bob at rdolson.org
Tue Dec 28 23:53:03 CET 2010

It seems I must be doing something dumb, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm putting up a dancer app for a domain hosted at dreamhost. I
created the app using the latest 1.2 dancer, and changed the webroot
for the domain to appdir/public using the DH config panel. The
following .htaccess is in place:

AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule (.*) /dispatch.cgi/$1 [QSA,L]

Access to the routes works like a champ (including
Net::Google::FederatedLogin authentication which I may turn into a
plugin; also thinking about a CGI::FormBuilder plugin like Catalyst's).

However, uri_for returns a path that includes the rewritten path with
dispatch.cgi in it:

uri_for("/dog") => http://<domain>/dispatch.cgi/dog

I'm assuming it should instead return http://<domain>/dog.

This seems like something there is an easy solution to, but I'm not
finding it. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
--bob