[Dancer-users] Invalid value for log config

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 08:37:54 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Naveed Massjouni <naveedm9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> BTW I also tried to add a configuration parameter that does not exists
>> and it was silently disregarded. As it could be the result of a typo or
>> a misunderstanding I think that should be reported as well.
>
> I don't agree with this.  I put my own app specific params in the config.  Like
>  max_widgets: 100

I have not reached the point yet to understand how I can add project
specific params
there but I would hope there is (or will be) some clear separation
between the parameters
that belong to various parts of the application. Name space for the
config parameters?

Otherwise how is it ensured that a future paramtername of Dancer or
one of the plugins
does not have the same name as the one in your application?

In addition I hope there can be a way to let Dancer check the validity of
your parameters as well e.g. by providing a declaration of accepted
parameters, accepted values and default values to each parameter.

Gabor
http://szabgab.com/