[Dancer-users] Adding quick_insert / quick_update to Dancer::Plugin::Database - done

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 15:27:50 CET 2010

On Thursday 09 December 2010 14:00:28 Puneet Kishor wrote:
> I didn't know of the existence of ORLite. Did you see this?
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/ORLite-1.47/lib/ORLite.pm
>
> Adam has done most of the work. Why not just build on that?

That looks to be an entirely different beast; it's an SQLite-centered
lightweight ORM, rather than a standard DBI handle with added magic.  It
appears to be very much designed for use with SQLite, rather than with any
database engine which DBI can be used with (which is, of course, pretty much
any slightly-popular database, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
SQLite...).

Dancer::Plugin::Database is intended for people like me who want to use DBI,
but would like a few convenience features, rather than going the ORM route, I
don't think ORLite would be a good fit here.

There's no reason there shouldn't be a Dancer::Plugin::ORLite, though ;)

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)