[Dancer-users] no logging files

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Tue Dec 7 08:23:38 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 11:11:59AM +0200, sawyer x wrote:
> The configuration seems correct from first sight. What's "yout" in the first
> line in config.yml?

Hi,

That's a fence-post error during cut-and-paste.  The full line is

    layout: "main"

> Try changing the "logger" to the value of "console" and try to run the
> program from the terminal in foreground ("perl bin/app.pl" or the likes).
> Does that show you messages in the console?

I tried this setting. For example, if I point the browser to
a non-existent page under the development environment dumps
info to the browser, but not a peep on the console.

The development.log file previously showed every attempted
route match.

I went back to an early test script using Dancer,
based on the first hello world example.

No new logging entries appeared in that log, using either "file"
or "console" logger settings.

The log silence has shown up in my production host, as well
as the local system I used for testing.

Both used Dancer 1.2000, and both were installations made using
local::lib.

I'm sure it would be rewarding to study Dancer's codebase
and to attempt to begin diagnosing such problems myself.

Regards,

Joel

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Joel Roth <joelz at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I didn't notice how it happened, but after initially
> > seeing some log entries, now I get nothing in there,
> > neither on the server nor on the local machine.
> >
> > - The permissions seem okay.
> > - My config files (below) are also all vanilla.
> >
> > Any ideas would be welcome. I'd rather not be flying
> > blind. :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Joel

> > config.yml