[Dancer-users] Dancer::Session::SQLite

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:28:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using Dancer::Session::YAML and Dancer::Session::Storable as
> templates, I created a Dancer::Session::SQLite module. I put it in
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/Dancer/Session/SQLite.pm and set
> session => 'SQLite'. Yet, I get an error saying 'Error while loading
> /Users/punkish/Sites/lca/app.psgi: unknown session engine 'SQLite',
> perhaps you need to install Dancer::Session::SQLite? at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/Dancer/Engine.pm'
>
> What am I doing wrong?

This is because of the auto-capitalization Dancer does to decide what the
name of the session engine is called.

In order to provide users the ability to simply write in lowercase in the
config files, we auto-capitalize ourselves. SQLite cannot be covered by
auto-capitalization. However, if you call your module
Dancer::Session::Sqlite, it will work.