[Dancer-users] dancer apps within apps

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 23:40:47 CEST 2010

Possibly my email subject is not entirely correct, but I don't quite
know what to call this. I have the following application under

~/Sites/myapp/

My Apache conf file is

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName myapp.local
    DocumentRoot "/Users/punkish/Sites/myapp"
    ErrorLog /Users/punkish/Logs/myapp-error_log
    CustomLog /Users/punkish/Logs/myapp-access_log common

    <Directory "/Users/punkish/Sites/myapp">
        Options Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
        PerlSetVar psgi_app /Users/punkish/Sites/myapp/app.psgi
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

And, everything works well when I go to http://myapp.local/

However, what I really want is to have a general welcome application
under myapp with login and other commons functions. And then, have
child apps that inherit some of the capabilities from myapp, but
extend it further with unique functions. I have the following
structure

~/Sites/myapp/
~/Sites/myapp/app1/
~/Sites/myapp/app2/

and so on. Each of the above directories has a full-fledged dancer
app. Now, I am not sure how my Apache conf would be. I have tried the
following

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName myapp.local
    DocumentRoot "/Users/punkish/Sites/myapp"
    ErrorLog /Users/punkish/Logs/myapp-error_log
    CustomLog /Users/punkish/Logs/myapp-access_log common

    <Directory "/Users/punkish/Sites/myapp">
        Options Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Add separate Location blocks for different apps
    <Location /app1>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
        PerlSetVar psgi_app /Users/punkish/Sites/myapp/app1/app.psgi
    </Location>

     <Location /app2>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
        PerlSetVar psgi_app /Users/punkish/Sites/myapp/app2/app.psgi
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The above gives me dancer's 404, so it seems that dancer is being
invoked, but some path is fubar. What am I doing wrong?

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org