[Dancer-users] Dancer deployment still confusing, difficult and a non-starter

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 23:41:22 CEST 2010

On Monday 02 August 2010 16:24:24 P Kishor wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:53 AM, sukria <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:
> I guess, the key is, now that others are discovering how lovely Dancer
> can be, it might be worthwhile investigating how to make its hosting a
> bit more robust.

Yep, that's something that has been discussed, and I'm sure we'll sort
something out.

I personally work for a web host, and I'm sure I could get a VPS set up for
Dancer to be hosted on, where multiple people could have accounts.

Even providing secondary DNS from my nameserver would be a good step in the
right direction.

> If you are looking for reliable DNS, OpenDNS (or even Google's DNS)
> might be an option to consider.

Both of those offer caching resolvers, not authoritative nameservers, but yes,
there are good options out there.  The key point is having more than one
person who can access it.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)