[Dancer-users] deploying via Apache

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 22:00:15 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM, franck <franck at lumberjaph.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have discovered that if I type the following in my application
>> directory "~/Sites/dance"
>>
>>   perl -MPlack::Runner -e"Plack::Runner->run('app.psgi')"
>>
>> the application runs fine. Its starts up with the prompt
>>
>>    HTTP::Server::PSGI: Accepting connections at http://0:5000/
>>
>> and I am able to see my web site at http://localhost:5000/
>
> Hi
> There is a bug in the last Dancer version on CPAN: in the app.psgi file, you
> need to add a "use lib 'lib'" before the load_app instruction.
> Let us know if this works for you.

Nope, it doesn't. First, I have to "use lib '/full/path/to/lib'" By
using the full path, at least, lib is recognized, and Dancer is
actually invoked.

But, notice that I still have to go to
http://localhost/dance/public/dispatch.cgi instead of
http://localhost/dance/dispatch.cgi/ so that is yet another bug in the
Dancer docs.

But, after that, I am back to square one. Now, even though dance.pm is
found, I get a 404 "Sorry this is the void"

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org