[Dancer-users] deploying via Apache

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:42:16 CEST 2010

I have discovered that if I type the following in my application
directory "~/Sites/dance"

   perl -MPlack::Runner -e"Plack::Runner->run('app.psgi')"

the application runs fine. Its starts up with the prompt

    HTTP::Server::PSGI: Accepting connections at http://0:5000/

and I am able to see my web site at http://localhost:5000/

However, the same command invoked via dance/public/dispatch.cgi results in

    Error while loading /Users/punkish/Sites/dance/app.psgi: unable to
load application dance : Can't locate dance.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/Users/punkish/Sites/dance/public/lib

So, obviously, in spite of what the docs say, somewhere Dancer is
being instructed to look for 'lib' in my application's public folder,
but is failing to do so. On the other hand, Plack::Runner('app.psgi')
is happily able to run without being told anything special about
'public'

I am going to give this another few hours and then basically give up
on Dancer and move back to CGI::Application or explore mojo. Dancer is
a beautiful framework, but the grief in getting beyond the basics is
just not worth it. It would be very sad and ironic if this is all
because of something extremely obvious that I am overlooking.

Hoping I can resolve this soon.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org