[Dancer-users] Problems loading an app

Juan J. Martínez reidrac at usebox.net
Tue Apr 27 23:03:51 CEST 2010

El mar, 27-04-2010 a las 23:56 +0300, sawyer x escribió:
> [...]
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I've personally been a bit busy and I reckon
> so where a few other people on the list.

No need to apology, thank you :)

> I've gone over your code. There are two issues:
>
> 1. Instead of 'load_app("test")', you should write 'use load;'. That
> would fix the first issue.

I don't understand what do you mean with "use load".

$ dancer -a whatever
+ ./whatever
+ whatever/app.psgi
+ whatever/whatever.pl
...etc...

$ cat whatever/whatever.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Dancer;
load_app 'whatever';
dance;

I'm trying to explain that the load_app has a side effect in the way
Perl report some bugs, making the report useless.

> 2. You accidentally used a variable "$fail" when you haven't declared
> it yet. Here is a working version:

Yes, that's to force the error that, it's differently reported by Perl
when dancer loads my app with "use whatever;" than when using
"load_app('whatever')".

Regards,

Juanjo

--