[Dancer-users] Problems loading an app

Juan J. Martínez reidrac at usebox.net
Sat Apr 24 18:37:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

Since I moved to the "load_app 'whatever';" scheme I've found that not
all the errors are reported in the same way.

When you try to run the application, sometimes you only get:

unable to load application whatever at ../local/Dancer.pm line 155.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it depends on the error:

Example: missing a ;

Bareword found where operator expected at path/lib/whatever.pm line 64,
near "redirect"
	(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
unable to load application whatever at ../local/Dancer.pm line 155.

BUT, something like ($w doesn't exist):

print "uh" if $user =~ m/$w/;

Shows only the 'unable to load' message, but with "use whatever.pm" you
get a more verbose message:

Global symbol "$w" requires explicit package name at
path/lib/whatever.pm line 62.
Compilation failed in require at ./whatever.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./whatever.pl line 7.

Regards,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/