[Dancer-users] deployment confusion

Alex Kapranoff kapranoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:47:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 18:03, Duncan Hutty <dhutty at allgoodbits.org> wrote:

> I'm looking to have nginx use Dancer to run a subsection of a website,
> but while I know how to use apache fairly well, I'm new to both nginx
> and Dancer.

We use nginx extensively and I would definitely recommend this scheme.

I prefer HTTP-only setup for various reasons (mostly because it's much
easier to debug than FastCGI) so
here's my very simple Starman-based configuration that runs
http://perl.worldken.org.

I run a Dancer app with this:

$ plackup -s Starman -p 6001 -E production

And the nginx config:
server {
        listen   80;
        server_name  perl.worldken.org;
        access_log  /var/log/nginx/perl.worldken.org.access.log;
        location / {
                proxy_pass   http://127.0.0.1:6001;
        }
}