[Dancer-users] A few more random issues

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 07:12:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could the default template say?
> Powered by <a href="http://www.perl.org/">Perl</a> <a
> href="http://perldancer.org/">Dancer</a>

I don't mind changing it.

> Add the following to both the script and the module:
> # strict and warnings are automatcially on

We can do that, but that's admitting that whoever is using Dancer isn't even
reading the documentation - since that's where it's suppose to be. I reckon
it should be in a synopsis, which reminds me we need to redo a lot of the
main documentation to make it more accessible.

Then again having a line such as:

use Dancer; # strict and warnings included

or something like that isn't that terrible and people can remove it if they
don't like the extra comment.

> The config.yml could already contain all the configuration entries
> (maybe commented out)

Kind of like vendor configuration files? We could do that too, but it does
scare some people (like me).

> Why is this necessary in Dancer.pm?
> $AUTHORITY = 'SUKRIA';

This is some stuff I don't really understand, but you can find it in other
modules as well:

our $AUTHORITY = 'cpan:STEVAN'; # from Moose.pm

I'd like to know what it means too.

> What do you think?

I generally support it.