[devtalk] What language?

Zachary Kent zachary.kent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:24:02 BST 2012

David,

I cut my teeth on Perl many years ago!  I eventually abandoned Perl when no
one looked at my resume anymore and the only Perl book left on the shelves
was the "camel" book. :)  I do miss it sometimes, though.  I am glad to
hear it lives on.

Today, for me its PHP (and frameworks such as Cake, Zend, CodeIgniter, etc)
and ASP.NET.  I work with a few CMSs such as Drupal.   JQuery is a must
unless you say "I don't do UI".  I haven't tried Ruby yet though it is
becoming very popular.

Zach

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:30 AM, David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>wrote:

> Out of sheer curiosity, what languages/technologies do you all work
> with these days?
>
> I'm doing primarily back-end development with Perl, using the Dancer
> framework (www.perldancer.org) and various CPAN modules.  I really
> enjoy working in Perl.
>
> Of course, I rock up the occasional bit of HTML, CSS & JS, but I have
> front-end devs for that at work these days, which is nice.
>
> What about you lot?

Zachary Kent
Web Developer/Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/zacharykent